Hayden's Hope

Friday, May 16, 2014

14 Years Ago on May 15th


14 years ago today, the most amazing person came into my life. Hayden was born at 7:30 am , the day after Mother's Day and had oddly shaped big toes.  Little did I know that just a few years later his toes would lead to a diagnosis of a very rare disease called FOP, which would not only change my life forever, but teach me to be a better person.

Hayden has taught me to laugh when time are tough, cry when they are just too tough to laugh about and live each day as it comes.  

He has taught me to persevere and to be stubborn, all in the name of living as normal a life as possible.

Hayden has showed me the value of friendships beyond what I had ever previously thought.  

But most importantly, Hayden has taught me that the most important thing in life is to be happy.  

Hayden you are an inspiration to me every day and always will be. 

I love you.  

Happy 14th Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment